- This event has passed.
Aug 18, 2021 | 5:30 pm - 6:45 pm CDT
Summer Steak Night
A perfectly cooked steak salad is a light and easy summer dinner. Join us to make a Seared Steak Salad with Charred Corn and Chimichurri Sauce in this virtual workshop! You’ll learn our chef’s secret to a perfectly cooked steak: the reverse sear method. Learn the tools and techniques you need to select and work with steak, monitor the temperature, and slice it on the bias. You’ll also learn how to make a quick herb Chimichurri sauce and charred corn right on your cooktop if you don’t have a grill. We’ll finish up the class with a fully assembled steak salad dinner ready for you to sit down and eat!
Please note: This workshop does not include a kit for pick-up, so you can join us from anywhere! After registration, we will send you a digital packet – shopping list, equipment list, recipe and any prep ahead steps. To avoid this email going to your spam folder, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list. For this workshop, you’ll want to have all your ingredients and equipment set before the start. Everything else we’ll do in class together. You’ll finish just in time to sit down and enjoy your hard work.
- Reverse Seared Steak
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Charred Corn
Included in this workshop:
- Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
- Emailed Prep Packet with Shopping List, Equipment List, and Recipe Card
- Live Q&A with chef
- When will I receive the Prep Packet?
- The Prep Packets are manually emailed out by our team so you will not receive them instantly when you register. Prep Packets will be sent out by 5pm Monday through Friday.
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event.
- The Zoom dial-in instructions will be sent to the email used for registration with your Prep Packet, as well as in a reminder email the day before the virtual workshop.
- What ingredients or equipment do I need to participate?
- All ingredients and equipment needed will be listed in your prep packet, which will be emailed to the email address provided during registration.
- We recommend a digital meat thermometer for this class but it’s not mandatory. We’ll be using our favorite: the Yummly Smart Thermometer.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log-on and participate, can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more information on refunds.
- If you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom, do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen, so you are welcome to have friends or family join you in your kitchen.