- This event has passed.
Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits
Aug 25, 2021 | 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm CDT
About**WORKSHOP REQUIRES KIT PICK UP** Ever wanted to make perfect, flaky, homemade biscuits? Join us for this chef-led virtual workshop to learn the ins and outs of this classic! We’ve assembled a custom kit with the ingredients and special tools you’ll need for pickup at the World of Whirlpool (See FAQs below for equipment you’ll need that won’t be included in the kit). Join this intimate workshop where you’ll receive step-by-step instructions and have the opportunity to ask questions of our chef live from the comfort of your own kitchen. Soon you’ll be making biscuits for breakfast sandwiches and dinner sides and you’ll wonder why you didn’t incorporate this 30 minute recipe into your routine sooner! IMPORTANT: We cannot ship or deliver kits. Kits must be picked up at the World of Whirlpool on Tuesday, August 24th between 3:00pm – 6:30pm CST, or Wednesday, August 25th from 11:00am – 4:30pm CST. Call us at (312) 840-8050 when you arrive and we can bring your kit to your car curbside at 331 N LaSalle Dr., Chicago, IL 60654. The live workshop is on Wednesday, August 25th, from 5:30pm – 6:30pm CST via Zoom. You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration 2 days before the virtual workshop.
- Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits
- Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
- Ingredient kit with all ingredients for the class plus extras
- KitchenAid Pastry Blender
- KitchenAid All Purpose Scraper
- Printed and emailed recipe card
- Live Q&A with chef
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event
- You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration 2 days before the virtual workshop.
- What ingredients do I need to participate?
- Nothing! All ingredients will be included in your kit.
- What equipment do I need to participate?
- 1 half-sheet tray lined with parchment paper (if you don’t have parchment, that’s OK)
- 1 smaller tray or dish and space in your freezer to match (this is to chill our biscuits before we bake them)
- 1 small bowl
- 1 large bowl
- 1 fork to stir
- 1 liquid measuring cup and a set of measuring spoons
- 1 pastry brush or spoon
- 1 rolling pin if you have one
- I cannot pick up a kit, can I still register and follow along with my own ingredients and equipment?
- Yes, just contact us and let us know you won’t be requiring a kit. Unfortunately, we cannot provide tickets at a discounted price.
- Can I request substitutions for my kit?
- Unfortunately, we are not currently offering any substitutions.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log-on and participate, can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more info. on refunds.
- We cannot reschedule, but if you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom, do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen and include 1 kit. If you want multiple kits, you’ll need to purchase additional tickets.
- Do your workshops ever run longer than the stated time? If so, what happens?
- While we do try to keep our workshops to the time frame quoted on our workshop listing, sometimes we go a little over because we want to be sure to answer everyone’s questions and be attentive to guiding you thoroughly through every step in the process. In the event that you need to leave before the end, please feel free to do so. We will be sending you a recording of your workshop so you won’t miss anything!
0 people are attending Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits