Aug 13 | 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Homemade Lattice Pie
**WORKSHOP REQUIRES KIT PICK UP**
There’s no better way to celebrate the fruit of summer than this from-scratch cherry-berry pie class! In this workshop, you will make your own all-butter pie dough and learn the ins and outs of rolling it, chilling it, and forming a beautiful lattice crust. You’ll also make a delicious, juicy fruit filling.
Our kit has everything you need to make it easy, including a KitchenAid Pastry Blender to make perfect dough, a disposable aluminum pie plate, and all the pre-measured ingredients you need for the filling and crust, including extra pie dough. We will put our pies in the oven toward the end of the workshop and they will need to bake for an hour.
Pie dough is surprisingly quick to make and easy to keep on hand, so we’ll also give you some ideas of what to do with your leftover dough, from quiches to hand pies and more!
IMPORTANT: We cannot ship or deliver kits. Kits must be picked up at the World of Whirlpool on Thursday, August 12th between 3:00pm – 6:30pm CST, or Friday, August 13th from 11:00am – 2:00pm CST. Call us at (312) 840-8050 when you arrive and we can bring your kit to your car curbside at 331 N LaSalle Dr., Chicago, IL 60654. The live workshop is on Friday, August 13th, from 3:00pm – 4:30pm CST via Zoom. You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration 2 days before the virtual workshop.
All Butter Pie Dough
Cherry Berry Lattice Pie (seasonal availability)
Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
Ingredient kit with all ingredients for the class plus extras
KitchenAid Pastry Blender
Live Q&A with chef
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event.
- You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration 2 days before the virtual workshop.
- What ingredients do I need to participate?
- Nothing! All ingredients will be included in your kit.
- What equipment do I need to participate?
Pie plate (ceramic or glass best; this is optional–we will provide a disposable aluminum pie plate)
2 half sheet trays or sheet pans
Parchment paper (optional)
Pastry wheel (or pizza wheel or knife)
Straight edge (like a clean ruler; this will help your pie dough cuts be straight)
Liquid measuring cup
2 large bowls
Pastry brush or spoon
Bench scraper (optional)
Ice water (or very cold water)
- I cannot pick up a kit, can I still register and follow along with my own ingredients and equipment?
- Yes, just contact us and let us know you won’t be requiring a kit. Unfortunately, we cannot provide tickets at a discounted price.
- If you miss the kit pickup window, unfortunately your kit will not be available for pickup at another time.
- Can I request substitutions for my kit?
- Unfortunately, we are not currently offering any substitutions.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log on and participate, can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more information on refunds.
- If you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom, do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen and include 1 kit. If you want multiple kits, you’ll need to purchase additional tickets.