- This event has passed.
Mexican-Inspired Happy Hour
Aug 5, 2021 | 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm CDT
AboutWho doesn’t love queso and a refreshing summer beverage? Join us for this happy hour workshop for a delicious yet simple Mexican-inspired menu. Learn to make aguas frescas, a refreshing Mexican drink typically made with fruit, sugar, water, and ice. You’ll learn our formula for making aguas frescas with all kinds of different seasonal fruits, and also our favorite recipe for Agua Fresca de Pepino, or cucumber-lime. Then we’ll get cooking by making Queso Picante, a warm cheese dip flavored with onions and peppers, and the perfect accompaniment to chips or tortillas. Learn some pro tips for preparing Mexican food at home with our chef’s recommended tools, ingredients, and resources. Please note: This workshop is a demo only and does not include a kit for pick-up, so you can join us from anywhere! After registration, we will send you a digital packet – shopping list, equipment list, recipe and any prep ahead steps. To avoid this email going to your spam folder, add email@example.com to your contact list. For this workshop, you’ll want to have all your ingredients and equipment set before the start. Everything else we’ll do in class together. You’ll finish just in time to sit down and enjoy your hard work.
- Agua Fresca de Pepino (non-alcoholic but can be spiked)
- Queso Picante
- Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
- Emailed Prep Packet with Shopping List, Equipment List, and Recipe Card
- Live Q&A with chef
- When will I receive the prep packet?
- The Prep Packets are manually emailed out by our team so you will not receive them instantly when you register. Prep Packets will be sent out by 5pm Monday through Friday.
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event
- The Zoom dial-in instructions will be sent to the email used for registration with your Prep Packet, as well as in a reminder email the day before the virtual workshop.
- What ingredients or equipment do I need to participate?
- All ingredients and equipment needed will be listed in your prep packet, which will be emailed to the email address provided during registration.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log-on and participate, can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more information on refunds.
- If you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom, do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen, so you are welcome to have friends or family join you in your kitchen.
8 people are attending Mexican-Inspired Happy Hour