- This event has passed.
Vietnamese Summer Rolls
May 24 | 5:30 pm – 6:45 pm CDT
What could be a more delicious way to eat fresh veggies than topped with herbs, wrapped up in delicate rice paper, and dunked in velvety peanut sauce? In this virtual demo workshop, our chef will take you through every step of making Summer Rolls and they will become your go-to appetizer, lunch, or light dinner this season. Our Summer Rolls (also called Fresh Spring Rolls) are inspired by the Vietnamese dish Goi Cuon. We have suggested ingredients, but you can also substitute ingredients based on your preferences.
After registration, you’ll get the shopping list, equipment list, recipe, and any prep ahead steps. For this workshop, you’ll want to have all your ingredients and equipment set before the start, but we’ll do every step from cooking the shrimp and noodles to cutting the veggies and wrapping up the rolls together. You’ll finish just in time to sit down and enjoy your hard work.
- Vietnamese Summer Rolls with Shrimp and Herbs (skip shrimp to make vegan)
- Peanut Dipping Sauce
- Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
- Emailed Prep Packet with Shopping List, Equipment List and Recipe Card
- Live Q&A with chef
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event
- You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration 2 days before the virtual workshop.
- What ingredients or equipment do I need to participate?
- All ingredients and equipment needed will be listed in your prep packet, which will be emailed to the email address provided during registration.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log-on and participate, can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more info. on refunds.
- We cannot reschedule, but if you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom, do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen, so you are welcome to have friends or family join you in your kitchen.
- Do your workshops ever run longer than the stated time? If so, what happens?
- While we do try to keep our workshops to the time frame quoted on our workshop listing, sometimes we go a little over because we want to be sure to answer everyone’s questions and be attentive to guiding you thoroughly through every step in the process. In the event that you need to leave before the end, please feel free to do so. We will be sending you a recording of your workshop so you won’t miss anything!