- This event has passed.
May 9 | 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm CDT
Learn to make your own bagels from scratch at home! Homemade bagels will take breakfast or weekend brunch to the next level, and they can also be frozen and toasted fresh anytime you want one. In this virtual demo, our chef will show you how to make bagel dough, how to shape and boil bagels, and finally how to top them with seasonings and bake. We’ll show you the ins and outs of using the KitchenAid Stand Mixer to make pro dough, but you’ll also be able to complete the recipe by hand.
After registration, you’ll get the recipe and shopping list. You can make the bagel dough along with our chef but it will need to rise for 1 hour. While it rises, our chef will take you through the rest of the steps so that you’ll know exactly what to do when your dough is ready. The dough can also be refrigerated and used the next day.
- Homemade Everything Bagels
Included in this workshop:
- Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
- Emailed Prep Packet with Shopping List, Equipment List, and Recipe Card
- Live Q&A with chef
- When will I receive the Prep Packet?
- The Prep Packets are manually emailed out by our team so you will not receive them instantly when you register. Prep Packets will be sent out by 5pm each business day, Monday-Friday
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event.
- You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for the registration before the virtual workshop.
- What ingredients or equipment do I need to participate?
- All ingredients and equipment needed will be listed in your prep packet, which will be sent to the email address provided during registration.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log on and participate. Can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more information on refunds
- If you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop afterward that you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom. Do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen, so you are welcome to have friends or family join you in the kitchen.
- Do your workshops ever run longer than the stated time? If so, what happens?
- While we do try to keep our workshops to the time frame quoted on our workshop listing, sometimes we go a little over because we want to be sure to answer everyone’s questions and be attentive to guiding you thoroughly through every step in the process. In the event that you need to leave before the end, please feel free to do so. We will be sending you a recording of your workshop so you won’t miss anything!