- This event has passed.
Knife Skills & Minestrone Soup
Jan 4 | 5:30 pm – 6:45 pm CST
What’s the secret to being able to whip up quick weeknight meals? Great knife skills, of course! In this virtual workshop, our chef will cover all the knife basics from how to hold and care for your knife to how to properly chop and prep various ingredients from onions and tough root vegetables to greens and herbs. The workshop will leave you with all the prepped ingredients to make a cozy Minestrone Soup and Herby Garlic Bread. If you are looking to up your cooking skills, you won’t want to miss this workshop!
After registration, you’ll get the shopping list, equipment list, recipe, and any prep ahead steps. (Note: this workshop does not require a kit pickup and can be taken from anywhere.) For this workshop, you’ll want to have all your ingredients and equipment set before the start, but we’ll do every step together. We’ll prep all the ingredients for the soup and garlic bread together and you can cook them immediately following the workshop.
- Minestrone Soup
- Herby Garlic Bread
Included in this workshop:
- Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
- Emailed Prep Packet with Shopping List, Equipment List, and Recipe Card
- Live Q&A with chef
- When will I receive the Prep Packet?
- The Prep Packets are manually emailed out by our team so you will not receive them instantly when you register. Prep Packets will be sent out by 5pm each business day, Monday-Friday
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event.
- You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for the registration before the virtual workshop.
- What ingredients or equipment do I need to participate?
- All ingredients and equipment needed will be listed in your prep packet, which will be sent to the email address provided during registration.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log on and participate. Can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more information on refunds
- If you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop afterward that you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom. Do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen, so you are welcome to have friends or family join you in the kitchen.
- Do your workshops ever run longer than the stated time? If so, what happens?
- While we do try to keep our workshops to the time frame quoted on our workshop listing, sometimes we go a little over because we want to be sure to answer everyone’s questions and be attentive to guiding you thoroughly through every step in the process. In the event that you need to leave before the end, please feel free to do so. We will be sending you a recording of your workshop so you won’t miss anything!