- This event has passed.
Homemade Neapolitan Pizza
Jan 12, 2022 | 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm CST
**THIS WORKSHOP REQUIRES KIT PICK UP**
Learn how to hack your home oven to make gorgeous charred Neapolitan pizzas that bake in 5 minutes! We’ve assembled a custom kit with all the ingredients and tools you’ll need to make two 10-inch pizzas (plus a few gifts from us!) for pickup at World of Whirlpool to accompany this virtual workshop.
Our chef will start off this virtual workshop showing you how to make a stretchable and flavorful pizza crust. We’ll then stretch out and top with the dough and get it ready to bake. You’ll learn tips for working with dough, improving flavor, freezing and storing pizzas for later, as well as tips for getting that wood fire taste without special equipment. You’ll need a sheet pan or a cast iron skillet or griddle that can go in the oven, but no other special equipment required.
IMPORTANT: We cannot ship or deliver kits. Kits must be picked up at the World of Whirlpool on 1/11 between 3pm – 6pm CT or 11am-5pm on 1/12. Call us at (312) 840-8050 when you arrive and we can bring your kit to your car curbside at 331 N LaSalle Dr., Chicago, IL 60654. The live workshop is on 1/12 from 5:30pm-6:30pm CT via Zoom. You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration 2 days before the virtual workshop.
- Neapolitan Pizza with Tomato, Mozzarella, Basil and optional Sausage
- Extra pizza dough for 2 additional pizzas
Included in this workshop:
- Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
- Ingredient kit with all ingredients for 2 10-inch pizzas to bake off during the workshop
- Extra pizza dough to freeze or to make more pizzas later
- Dough Scrapers from KitchenAid
- Pizza Wheel from KitchenAid
- Printed and emailed Recipe Card
- Live Q&A with gardening expert and chef
- A few little surprises from the World of Whirlpool team!
- Whirlpool Wall Oven with Broiler on for making pizzas
- Whirlpool Cooktop for making pizzas
- Freezer storage options for frozen dough and pre-made pizzas
- When will I receive the Prep Packet?
- The Prep Packets are manually emailed out by our team so you will not receive them instantly when you register. Prep Packets will be sent out by 5pm each business day, Monday-Friday
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event.
- You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for the registration before the virtual workshop.
- What ingredients or equipment do I need to participate?
- All ingredients and equipment needed will be listed in your prep packet, which will be sent to the email address provided during registration.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log on and participate. Can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more information on refunds
- If you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop afterward that you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom. Do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen, so you are welcome to have friends or family join you in the kitchen.
- Do your workshops ever run longer than the stated time? If so, what happens?
- While we do try to keep our workshops to the time frame quoted on our workshop listing, sometimes we go a little over because we want to be sure to answer everyone’s questions and be attentive to guiding you thoroughly through every step in the process. In the event that you need to leave before the end, please feel free to do so. We will be sending you a recording of your workshop so you won’t miss anything!