- This event has passed.
Feb 11, 2021 | 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm CST
Galaxy Donuts with Bon Vivant Cakes
Are donuts your love language? Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s Day or anytime you want to show yourself some love, this new demo workshop with Emily Nejad of Bon Vivant Cakes is all about creating her gorgeous, signature Galaxy Glazed Donuts.
Emily will be joined by World of Whirlpool’s Chef Alia Dalal, who will demonstrate how to make homemade classic cake donuts, from making the dough, cutting it and frying. You’ll learn how surprisingly quick and easy donut dough is to make and Chef Alia will bust a lot of myths on frying to make you comfortable with this process (her favorite misconception: You need a full pot of oil to fry. Nope! Under 2 inches will do just fine).
Once our donuts are ready, Emily will demonstrate how to make a donut glaze and how to use gel coloring to create the “galaxy” finish. In the prep packet, you will also gain access to Emily’s recommended styles and brands of donut decor like food coloring sprinkles, and even the unexpected ingredient she adds to her glaze.
This workshop is a demo only and does not include a kit for pick-up, so you can join us from anywhere! After registration, you’ll receive a digital packet – shopping list, equipment list, recipe and any prep ahead steps.
Note: This workshop involves frying donuts. Our chef has included a baked donut recipe in the prep packet as an alternative. If you want to bake donuts, that demo will NOT be shown in the workshop, so you should have the baked donuts made ahead of time and then you can join in for the glazing.
- Sour Cream Cake Donuts
- Galaxy Donut Glaze
- Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
- Emailed Prep Packet with Shopping List, Equipment List, and Recipe Card
- Live Q&A with chef
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event
- You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration at least 2 days before the virtual workshop.
- What ingredients or equipment do I need to participate?
- All ingredients and equipment needed will be listed in your prep packet, which will be emailed to the email address provided during registration.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log-on and participate, can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more info. on refunds.
- We cannot reschedule, but if you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom, do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen, so you are welcome to have friends or family join you in your kitchen.