Apr 28 | 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
DIY Herb Gardening and Cocktails
**THIS WORKSHOP REQUIRES KIT PICK-UP**
Join us for our popular herb gardening and mixology class! Learn how to grow and take care of herbs at home, even if you only have indoor space. We’ve assembled a custom kit with seedlings, gardening necessities, and cocktail ingredients for pickup at World of Whirlpool to accompany this virtual experience.
Local gardening expert Emily Cross will lead everyone in planting their own small herb pot that can thrive in a kitchen or on a balcony. Then our mixology expert will show you how to turn those herbs into a festive summer mocktail or cocktail–we’ll provide everything but the alcohol! You’ll learn how to make the Butterfly Pea Potion Cocktail, a stunning–and color-changing–drink that you are sure to want to recreate. We’ll also be joined by a Maytag laundry expert who will share a few tips on getting dirty garden messes out of your clothes, shoes, and tools.
Kits need to be picked up at World of Whirlpool on Tuesday, April 27th from 3pm-6:30pm CT. Call us at (312) 840-8050 when you arrive and we can bring your kit to your car curbside at 331 N LaSalle Dr., Chicago, IL 60654. The live workshop is on Wednesday, April 28th from 5:30pm – 6:30pm CT via Zoom. You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration 2 days before the virtual workshop.
To avoid our emails going to your spam folder, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list!
- Butterfly Pea Potion Cocktail
- Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
- Planting kit with seedling, soil, compost, terracotta pot and saucer (everything you need)
- Ingredient kit with all ingredients for 1 mocktail (BYO alcohol)
- Measuring Spoons from KitchenAid
- Printed and emailed Recipe Card
- Live Q&A with gardening expert and chef
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event
- You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration 2 days before the virtual workshop.
- What ingredients do I need to participate?
- Nothing! All ingredients will be included in your kit.
- What equipment do I need to participate?
- Spirit of choice (optional; Gin is our favorite for this drink but Vodka and Bourbon will work really well too)
- A cocktail mixing glass
- Bar spoon (or a regular spoon)
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Ice nearby
- A rocks glass or a cocktail glass
- Old newspaper to keep your counter clean during the planting activity (optional)
- I cannot pick-up a kit, can I still register and follow along with my own ingredients and equipment?
- Yes, just contact us and let us know you won’t be requiring a kit. Unfortunately, we cannot provide tickets at a discounted price.
- Can I request substitutions for my kit?
- Unfortunately, we are not currently offering any substitutions.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log-on and participate, can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more info. on refunds.
- We cannot reschedule, but if you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom, do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen and include 1 kit. If you want multiple kits, you’ll need to purchase additional tickets.