- This event has passed.
Apr 22, 2021 | 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm CDT
Bleach Tie Dye with Alive Rescue
**THIS WORKSHOP REQUIRES KIT PICK-UP**
Similar to tie dye, bleach dyeing is an easy fabric dyeing method that you can do at home to transform new or old clothing pieces using only bleach! Join us in this virtual workshop to learn how to create sophisticated bleach dye designs. Our expert will show you a variety of different techniques to use while dyeing, as well as tips and tricks to ensure that your bleaching process is a success.
Your kit will include everything you need but the bleach: rubber bands, disposable gloves, plastic squeeze bottle for your bleach solution, and a black sweatshirt as well as a black bandana to practice on! You are welcome to bring your own extra items to bleach dye as well. If you’re like us, you’ll end up wanting to bleach dye everything in your house!
All proceeds from this workshop will benefit our community partner Alive Rescue. With a brand new bleach dyed sweatshirt and matching bandana, you and your pet will be the talk of the town!
IMPORTANT: We cannot ship or deliver kits. Kits must be picked up at the World of Whirlpool on Wednesday, April 21 between 3pm – 6:30pm CT. Call us at (312) 840-8050 when you arrive and we can bring your kit to your car curbside at 331 N LaSalle Dr., Chicago, IL 60654. The live workshop is on Thursday, April 22nd from 5:30pm – 6:30pm CT via Zoom. You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration 2 days before the virtual workshop.
- Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
- Bleach-Dye kit with everything needed for the workshop except the bleach (see FAQs for our recommendations)
- Black crewneck sweatshirt (size: large)
- Solid black cotton bandana (size: large)
- Live Q&A with our expert
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event
- You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration 2 days before the virtual workshop.
- What do I need to participate?
- A sink, bathtub, or area to bleach dye that is in a well ventilated room as we will be working with bleach.
- Bottle of liquid bleach (Notes: For best results use a standard household liquid bleach. Gel and powder bleaches will not provide as dramatic results and may be more difficult to use. The bottle can be open already; we will use about 1 cup. Please follow all safety and use instructions as outlined on your bleach bottle.)
- An apron or something to protect your clothes while you dye
- I cannot pick-up a kit, can I still register and follow along with my own supplies?
- Yes, just contact us and let us know you won’t be requiring a kit. Unfortunately, we cannot provide tickets at a discounted price.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log-on and participate, can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more info. on refunds.
- We cannot reschedule, but if you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom, do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen and include 1 kit. If you want multiple kits, you’ll need to purchase additional tickets.