- This event has passed.
Savory Hand Pies: Chicken
Mar 14 | 5:30 pm – 6:45 pm CDT
Celebrate Pi Day with us as we make pie for dinner! Join us for this virtual workshop and learn how to make savory hand pies featuring our take on a classic chicken pot pie. Hand pies are the perfect way to utilize what’s already in your refrigerator or, better yet, your freezer!
In this virtual workshop, we will make a pie crust together using your food processor. No food processor? No worries! We’ll show you how to make this easy pie crust with just your hands. We will also demonstrate a great hack for creating flaky pie crust layers that resemble those of a puff pastry. Or if you already have puff pastry in your freezer, go ahead and free up some space and use it for our delicious chicken filling recipe!
- Homemade Pie Crust (with or without a food processor)
- Chicken Filling
Included in this workshop:
- Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
- Emailed Prep Packet with Shopping List, Equipment List, and Recipe Card
- Live Q&A with chef
- When will I receive the Prep Packet?
- The Prep Packets are manually emailed out by our team so you will not receive them instantly when you register. Prep Packets will be sent out by 5pm each business day, Monday-Friday
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event.
- You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for the registration before the virtual workshop.
- What ingredients or equipment do I need to participate?
- All ingredients and equipment needed will be listed in your prep packet, which will be sent to the email address provided during registration.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log on and participate. Can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more information on refunds
- If you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop afterward that you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom. Do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen, so you are welcome to have friends or family join you in the kitchen.
- Do your workshops ever run longer than the stated time? If so, what happens?
- While we do try to keep our workshops to the time frame quoted on our workshop listing, sometimes we go a little over because we want to be sure to answer everyone’s questions and be attentive to guiding you thoroughly through every step in the process. In the event that you need to leave before the end, please feel free to do so. We will be sending you a recording of your workshop so you won’t miss anything!