Refrigerator Pickles & Jams
Sep 29 | 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Think pickles and jams are hard to make? Think again! In this virtual workshop, we are taking you through two simple preservation methods that use the power of your refrigerator to increase the shelf life of your produce. It’s easy enough for the whole family to join in! First, we’ll make refrigerator jam by cooking fresh berries with sugar and simple flavorings. Once the mixture cools, it can be refrigerated and kept as a jam for weeks for morning toast, the best ever pb&j’s, desserts, and even cocktails. Next, you’ll learn an easy method for quick refrigerator dill pickles. Using vinegar, sugar, and salt, we’ll turn cucumbers into pickles with only a few minutes of work. You’ll be able to use this quick pickling method for all kinds of produce from onions to carrots! During this workshop, you’ll also learn best practices from our appliance experts on where to properly store ingredients in your refrigerator as well as tips on how to keep your produce as fresh as possible. To avoid our emails going to your spam folder, add email@example.com to your contact list.
- 3-Ingredient Blueberry Jam
- Quick Dill Pickles
Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
Emailed Prep Packet with Shopping List, Equipment List, and Recipe Card
Live Q&A with chef
- When will I receive the Prep Packet?
- The Prep Packets are manually emailed out by our team so you will not receive them instantly when you register. Prep Packets will be sent out by 5pm each business day, Monday-Friday.
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event.
- You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration before the virtual workshop.
- What ingredients or equipment do I need to participate?
- All ingredients and equipment needed will be listed in your prep packet, which will be sent to the email address provided during registration.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log on and participate, can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more information on refunds.
- If you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop afterward that you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom, do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen, so you are welcome to have friends or family join you in your kitchen.
- Do your workshops ever run longer than the stated time? If so, what happens?
- While we do try to keep our workshops to the time frame quoted on our workshop listing, sometimes we go a little over because we want to be sure to answer everyone’s questions and be attentive to guiding you thoroughly through every step in the process. In the event that you need to leave before the end, please feel free to do so. We will be sending you a recording of your workshop so you won’t miss anything!
11 people are attending Refrigerator Pickles & Jams