Refrigerator Pickles & Jams
Aug 10 | 5:30 pm – 6:45 pm CDT
Think pickles and jams are hard to make? Think again! In this virtual workshop, we are taking you through two simple methods that use the power of your refrigerator to make delicious treats. It’s easy enough for the whole family to join in!
First, we’ll make refrigerator jam by cooking fresh berries with sugar and simple flavorings. Once the mixture cools, it can be refrigerated and used as a fresh jam for morning toast, the best ever PB&J’s, desserts, and even cocktails. Next, you’ll learn an easy method for quick refrigerator dill pickles. Using vinegar, sugar, and salt, we’ll turn cucumbers into pickles with only a few minutes of work. You’ll be able to use this quick pickling method for all kinds of produce from onions to carrots! Note: these refrigerator pickles and jams are meant to be consumed after making and are not shelf-stable like true fermented and canned products.
During this workshop, you’ll also learn best practices from our appliance experts on where to properly store ingredients in your refrigerator as well as tips on how to keep your produce as fresh as possible.
- 3-Ingredient Blueberry Jam
- Quick Dill Pickles
- Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
- Emailed Prep Packet with Shopping List, Equipment List and Recipe Card
- Live Q&A with chef
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event
- You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration 2 days before the virtual workshop.
- What ingredients or equipment do I need to participate?
- All ingredients and equipment needed will be listed in your prep packet, which will be emailed to the email address provided during registration.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log-on and participate, can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more info. on refunds.
- We cannot reschedule, but if you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom, do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen, so you are welcome to have friends or family join you in your kitchen.
- Do your workshops ever run longer than the stated time? If so, what happens?
- While we do try to keep our workshops to the time frame quoted on our workshop listing, sometimes we go a little over because we want to be sure to answer everyone’s questions and be attentive to guiding you thoroughly through every step in the process. In the event that you need to leave before the end, please feel free to do so. We will be sending you a recording of your workshop so you won’t miss anything!