- This event has passed.
Perfect Roast Chicken
Feb 22 | 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm CST
Roasting a whole chicken is a staple meal prep technique. With our chef’s guidance in this virtual workshop, you’ll learn how to easily prep, roast, cut and package up a chicken to use for all kinds of recipes throughout the week. You’ll learn a simple but fancy sounding technique called spatchcock where you’ll flatten the chicken so it cooks in under an hour, cooks more evenly and the skin gets crispier (sounds tricky, but our chef will show you how – it’s actually incredibly easy!) You’ll also learn some quick meal prepping hacks and how you can use the free Yummly app to help streamline your weekly meal prep.
After registration, you’ll get the shopping list, equipment list, recipe, and any prep ahead steps. For this workshop, you’ll do all the prep and cooking steps with our chef, but note that your chicken will be ready to come out of the oven about 30 minutes after the end of this workshop.
- Perfect Roast Chicken with Potatoes
- Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
- Emailed Prep Packet with Shopping List, Equipment List, and Recipe Card
- Live Q&A with chef
- When will I receive the Prep Packet?
- The Prep Packets are manually emailed out by our team so you will not receive them instantly when you register. Prep Packets will be sent out by 5pm each business day, Monday-Friday.
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event.
- You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration before the virtual workshop.
- What ingredients or equipment do I need to participate?
- All ingredients and equipment needed will be listed in your prep packet, which will be sent to the email address provided during registration.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log on and participate, can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more information on refunds. If you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop afterward that you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom, do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen, so you are welcome to have friends or family join you in your kitchen.
- Do your workshops ever run longer than the stated time? If so, what happens?
- While we do try to keep our workshops to the time frame quoted on our workshop listing, sometimes we go a little over because we want to be sure to answer everyone’s questions and be attentive to guiding you thoroughly through every step in the process. In the event that you need to leave before the end, please feel free to do so. We will be sending you a recording of your workshop so you won’t miss anything!