- This event has passed.
Mexican Inspired Happy Hour
Jul 7 | 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm CDT
Who doesn’t love queso and a refreshing summer beverage? Join us for this virtual happy hour workshop for a delicious yet simple Mexican-inspired menu. Learn to make agua fresca, a refreshing Mexican drink typically made with fruit, sugar, water, and ice. You’ll learn our formula for making aguas frescas with all kinds of different seasonal fruits, and also our favorite recipe for Agua Fresca de Pepino, or cucumber-lime. Then we’ll get cooking by making Queso Picante, a warm cheese dip flavored with onions and peppers, and the perfect accompaniment to chips or tortillas. Learn some pro tips for preparing Mexican food at home with our chef’s recommended tools, ingredients, and resources.
After registration, you’ll get the shopping list, equipment list, recipe, and any prep ahead steps. For this workshop, you’ll want to have all your ingredients and equipment set before the start, but we’ll do every step together.
- Agua Fresca de Pepino (non-alcoholic but can be spiked)
- Queso Picante
- Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
- Emailed Prep Packet with Shopping List, Equipment List and Recipe Card
- Live Q&A with chef
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event
- You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration 2 days before the virtual workshop.
- What ingredients or equipment do I need to participate?
- All ingredients and equipment needed will be listed in your prep packet, which will be emailed to the email address provided during registration.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log-on and participate, can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more info. on refunds.
- We cannot reschedule, but if you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom, do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen, so you are welcome to have friends or family join you in your kitchen.
- Do your workshops ever run longer than the stated time? If so, what happens?
- While we do try to keep our workshops to the time frame quoted on our workshop listing, sometimes we go a little over because we want to be sure to answer everyone’s questions and be attentive to guiding you thoroughly through every step in the process. In the event that you need to leave before the end, please feel free to do so. We will be sending you a recording of your workshop so you won’t miss anything!