- This event has passed.
Oct 28, 2020 | 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm CDT
Homemade Neapolitan Pizza
**THIS WORKSHOP REQUIRES KIT PICK-UP**
Learn how to hack your home oven to make gorgeous charred Neapolitan pizzas that bake in 5 minutes! We’ve assembled a custom kit with all the ingredients and tools you will need to make 2 10-inch pizzas for pickup at World of Whirlpool to accompany this virtual workshop (see FAQs below for equipment you’ll need that won’t be included in the kit).
Our chef will start off this virtual workshop showing you how to make a stretchable and flavorful pizza crust. You’ll learn tips for working with dough, improving flavor, freezing and storing pizzas for later, as well as tips for getting that wood-fired taste without special equipment. You’ll need a sheet pan or a cast iron skillet or griddle that can go in the oven.
IMPORTANT: We cannot ship or deliver kits. Kits must be picked up at the World of Whirlpool on Tuesday, October 27th between 4pm – 6pm CT. Call us at (312) 840-8050 when you arrive and we can bring your kit to your car curbside at 331 N LaSalle Dr., Chicago, IL 60654. The live workshop is on Wednesday, October 28th, from 4:30pm – 5:30pm CT via Zoom. You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration 2 days before the virtual workshop.
- Neapolitan Pizza with Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil
- Extra pizza dough for 2 additional pizzas
- Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
- Ingredient kit with all ingredients for 2 10-inch pizzas
- Extra pizza dough to freeze or to make more pizzas later
- KitchenAid Bowl Scraper set
- KitchenAid Pizza Wheel
- Printed and emailed recipe card
- Live Q&A with chef
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event
- You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration 2 days before the virtual workshop.
- What ingredients do I need to participate?
- Nothing! All ingredients will be included in your kit.
- What equipment do I need to participate?
- Oven with a broil setting
- 1 half sheet tray (or large cast iron skillet)
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer with a bowl, Flat Beater and Dough Hook (If you don’t have a KitchenAid Stand Mixer, you’ll need a large bowl and a wooden spoon)
- 1 liquid measuring cup
- 1 set of measuring spoons
- 1 spatula for transferring pizza to cutting board
- 1 can opener
- 1 spoon
- 1 cutting board
- 1 knife
- Oven mitts
- Plastic wrap
- 2 damp towels
- Paper towels
- I cannot pick-up a kit, can I still register and follow along with my own ingredients and equipment?
- Yes, just contact us and let us know you won’t be requiring a kit. Unfortunately, we cannot provide tickets at a discounted price.
- Can I request substitutions for my kit?
- Unfortunately, we are not currently offering any substitutions.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log-on and participate, can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more info. on refunds.
- We cannot reschedule, but if you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom, do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen and include 1 kit. If you want multiple kits, you’ll need to purchase additional tickets.