- This event has passed.
Homemade Lattice Pie
Nov 10 | 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm CST
**THIS WORKSHOP REQUIRES A KIT PICK UP**
Nothing completes a holiday feast better than a homemade pie! In this virtual workshop, you will make your own all butter pie dough and learn the ins and outs of rolling it, chilling it, and forming a pretty lattice crust. You’ll also make a delicious, juicy apple-cranberry filling.
Our kit has everything you need to make the process easy, including a KitchenAid Pastry Blender to make perfect dough, a disposable aluminum pie plate, and all of the pre-measured ingredients you need for the filling and crust (including extra pie dough.) We will put our pies in the oven towards the end of the workshop and they will need to bake for an hour. Pie dough is surprisingly quick to make and easy to keep on hand, so we’ll also give you some ideas for what to do with your leftover dough – from quiches to hand pies and more!
IMPORTANT: We cannot ship or deliver kits. Kits must be picked up at the World of Whirlpool on 11/9 between 3pm – 6pm CT or 11am-5pm on 11/10. Call us at (312) 840-8050 when you arrive and we can bring your kit to your car curbside at 331 N LaSalle Dr., Chicago, IL 60654. The live workshop is on 11/10 from 5:30pm-7:00pm CT via Zoom. You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration 2 days before the virtual workshop.
- All Butter Pie Dough
- Apple-Cranberry Lattice Pie (seasonality availability)
Included in this workshop:
- Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
- Ingredient kit with all ingredients for the class plus extras
- KitchenAid Pastry Blender
- Live Q&A with chef
What equipment do I need to participate?
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Rolling pin
- Pie plate (ceramic or glass best; this is optional – we will provide a disposable aluminum pie plate)
- 2 half sheet trays or sheet pans
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Pastry wheel (or pizza wheel or knife)
- Straight edge (i.e. a clean ruler; this will help your pie dough cuts to be straight)
- Liquid measuring cup
- Rubber spatula
- Plastic wrap
- 2 large bowls
- Small bowl
- Pastry brush or spoon
- Cutting board
- Bench scraper (optional)
- Ice water (or very cold water)
- When will I receive the Prep Packet?
- The Prep Packets are manually emailed out by our team so you will not receive them instantly when you register. Prep Packets will be sent out by 5pm each business day, Monday-Friday
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event.
- You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for the registration before the virtual workshop.
- What ingredients or equipment do I need to participate?
- All ingredients and equipment needed will be listed in your prep packet, which will be sent to the email address provided during registration.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log on and participate. Can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more information on refunds
- If you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop afterward that you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom. Do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen, so you are welcome to have friends or family join you in the kitchen.
- Do your workshops ever run longer than the stated time? If so, what happens?
- While we do try to keep our workshops to the time frame quoted on our workshop listing, sometimes we go a little over because we want to be sure to answer everyone’s questions and be attentive to guiding you thoroughly through every step in the process. In the event that you need to leave before the end, please feel free to do so. We will be sending you a recording of your workshop so you won’t miss anything!