- This event has passed.
Sep 16, 2020 | 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm CDT
DIY Herb Gardening & Cocktails
Join us for the virtual version of our popular herb gardening and mixology class! Learn how to grow and take care of herbs at home, even if you only have indoor space. We’ve assembled a custom kit with seedlings, gardening necessities and cocktail ingredients for pickup at the World of Whirlpool to accompany this virtual experience (see FAQs below for equipment you’ll need that won’t be included in the kit).
Local gardening expert, Emily Cross, will lead everyone in planting their own small herb pot that can thrive in a kitchen or on a balcony. Our chef will show you how to turn those herbs into a festive summer mocktail or cocktail–we’ll provide everything but the alcohol! We’ll also be joined by a World of Whirlpool laundry expert who will share a few tips on getting dirty garden messes out of your clothes, shoes and gardening tools.
IMPORTANT: We cannot ship or deliver kits. Kits must be picked up at the World of Whirlpool on Tuesday, September 15th between 4pm – 6pm CT. Call us at (312) 840-8050 when you arrive and we can bring your kit to your car curbside at 331 N LaSalle Dr., Chicago, IL 60654. The live workshop is on Wednesday, September 16th, from 4:30pm – 5:30pm CT via Zoom. You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration 2 days before the virtual workshop.
- Peach Summer Smash (cocktail or mocktail)
- Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
- Planting kit with seedling, soil, compost, terracotta pot and saucer (everything you need)
- All ingredients for 2 mocktails (BYO alcohol)
- KitchenAid Measuring Spoons
- Printed and emailed recipe card
- Live Q&A with gardening expert and chef
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event
- You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration 2 days before the virtual workshop.
- What ingredients do I need to participate?
- Bourbon, whiskey or your spirit of choice (vodka and rum will work really well too)
- What equipment do I need to participate?
- 1 cocktail shaker (or a mason jar with a lid)
- 1 cutting board
- 1 knife
- 1 muddler or a wooden spoon
- 1 rocks glass or cocktail glass
- Ice nearby
- I cannot pick-up a kit, can I still register and follow along with my own ingredients and equipment?
- Yes, just contact us and let us know you won’t be requiring a kit. Unfortunately, we cannot provide tickets at a discounted price.
- Can I request substitutions for my kit?
- Unfortunately, we are not currently offering any substitutions.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log-on and participate, can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more info. on refunds.
- We cannot reschedule, but if you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom, do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen and include 1 kit. If you want multiple kits, you’ll need to purchase additional tickets.