- This event has passed.
DIY Herb Gardening & Cocktails
Apr 21 | 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm CDT
**THIS WORKSHOP REQUIRES KIT PICK UP**
Join us for the virtual version of our popular herb gardening and mixology class! Learn how to grow and take care of herbs at home, even if you only have indoor space. We’ve assembled a custom kit with seedlings, gardening necessities and cocktail ingredients (plus a few gifts from us!) for pickup at World of Whirlpool to accompany this virtual experience.
Local gardening expert Emily Cross will lead everyone in planting their own small herb pot that can thrive in a kitchen or on a balcony. Then our chef will show you how to turn those herbs into a festive spring mocktail or cocktail–we’ll provide everything but the alcohol! We’ll also be joined by a Maytag laundry expert who will share a few tips on getting dirty garden messes out of your clothes, shoes, and tools.
IMPORTANT: We cannot ship or deliver kits. Kits must be picked up at the World of Whirlpool on 4/20 between 3pm – 6pm CT or 11am-5pm on 4/21. Call us at (312) 840-8050 when you arrive and we can bring your kit to your car curbside at 331 N LaSalle Dr., Chicago, IL 60654. The live workshop is on 3/16 from 5:30pm-7:00pm CT via Zoom. You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for registration 2 days before the virtual workshop.
- Peach Bourbon Smash (cocktail or mocktail)
Included in this workshop:
- Live virtual workshop on Zoom (with recording emailed out to all registrants after the class)
- Planting kit with seedling, soil, compost, terracotta pot and saucer (everything you need)
- Ingredient kit with all ingredients for 2 mocktails (BYO alcohol)
- Measuring Spoons from KitchenAid
- Printed and emailed Recipe Card
- Live Q&A with gardening expert and chef
- A few little surprises from the World of Whirlpool team!
- When will I receive the Prep Packet?
- The Prep Packets are manually emailed out by our team so you will not receive them instantly when you register. Prep Packets will be sent out by 5pm each business day, Monday-Friday
- Where is this live workshop being held?
- On Zoom! You can create your free account here: https://zoom.us/
- We recommend testing to make sure everything is working properly before the live event.
- You will receive the Zoom dial-in instructions sent to the email used for the registration before the virtual workshop.
- What ingredients or equipment do I need to participate?
- All ingredients and equipment needed will be listed in your prep packet, which will be sent to the email address provided during registration.
- Something came up and I won’t be able to log on and participate. Can I reschedule or receive a refund?
- Please see our cancellation policy for more information on refunds
- If you are registered, you will receive a recorded version of the workshop afterward that you can access anytime!
- Someone else will be joining me on Zoom. Do they need their own ticket?
- Tickets are per screen, so you are welcome to have friends or family join you in the kitchen.
- Do your workshops ever run longer than the stated time? If so, what happens?
- While we do try to keep our workshops to the time frame quoted on our workshop listing, sometimes we go a little over because we want to be sure to answer everyone’s questions and be attentive to guiding you thoroughly through every step in the process. In the event that you need to leave before the end, please feel free to do so. We will be sending you a recording of your workshop so you won’t miss anything!